-
March 24th, 2005, 01:57 AM
#1
Inactive Member
OK, I am going to try out super 8. I am coming from digital video, and my main question is what to look for in a camera. I am going to be using it for effect in wedding videos. Currently I fake it on my PC, but I want the real thing. I already have someone to transfer my film to tape.
I just need a camera, and am looking for suggestions on places to look and features to look for. I have seen a couple of Sears models for under $40 at GoodWill, and an expensive $135 Canon model at a camera store..
What would you look for in an inexpensive model with enough features to make a few good wedding clips.
Thanks
-
March 24th, 2005, 02:20 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
I like a camera with at least a 6-1 zoom ratio. These cameras tend to have more features than the cameras with only a 3-1 zoom or less.
However, if you are just trying to grab quicky shots, the Canon 310XL might be a good camera to try.
I say you can't go wrong with most Elmo cameras.
You want a camera that has a manual exposure option and multiple film speed options (18, 24, some will also have 9 FPS and even single frame, and some have slow motion 36 FPS is a popular slow motion speed.
Looking at eBay super-8 camera auctions offer a great way to learn about features a camera offers by reading the auction description.
You can get an idea what a current super-8 camera auction may sell for by checking out the finished super-8 camera auctions of the last 30 days.
-
March 24th, 2005, 06:12 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Here is a dumb question.. I know 36 gives you low mo, bu then doe less than 18 give you fast mo? With digital it has always confused me how the motion stays the same bu tthe shutter speed changes. It is great for low light shooting.
Is there anyway to shoot lower light with a super 8 cam?
thanks again.
-
April 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
Yeah, you're talking either time exposure or fast motion when you shoot less than 18 fps. It can be a combination of art and science learning what different frame rates will produce, that's a very cool feature about Super-8 filmmaking that digital kind of sort can replicate but it's just not really the same.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks